Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prep Time

I received my staging kit yesterday and booked my flight to Philadelphia for staging. I'll be flying out on Monday Dec 1st at 630am PST from Ontario airport to Dallas, 2hr55min flight time. From Dallas to Philadelphia in 3hrs10min. If everything goes as scheduled, I'll be touching down at 5pm EST. Registration and orientation starts at 2pm the next day after which I will be departing for Guinea at 5:20pm EST via JFK on Dec 3rd.

I was hoping for a "what to pack" list with my staging kit, but looks like I'll just rely on the internets. So far I've only bought a few things for my trip and haven't really started packing yet. I'll probably get that started and squared away by the time I get my plane tickets in 2 weeks time. I'm going to try and post my packing list before I leave.

1 comment:

milesandmileslefttogo said...

Hey Ben. I'm going with you to Guinea, also in the SED program. It looks like you are actually arriving at the same time as a few of us, and we were planning on heading to the hotel together and then grabbing some dinner after that.

Anyway, if you're interested that would be cool. There is a google group for us called GuineaDec2008, which I think you might have just been invited to.

Meet you soon!

-Nick