Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How to Mail stuff

So I was too lazy to write down instructions about how to mail packages so go to How to mail packages. My mailing address is below the links section. Some tips for sending packages if you care to, since it's a flat rate, cram as much stuff into the box as you can. Also when packing items, remove excess packaging where you can to save space. Note: this does NOT mean I want you to mail me soda minus the aluminum can. Another important thing, don't send anything expensive because packages do get stolen while en route. As for what to send, I'll post a wish list when I'm in Guinea.


Just in case the site I linked to doesn't work...

- Use red ink to address the envelope (for whatever reason, this helps).

- Write “DIEU REGARDEZ VOUS” on the envelope, roughly translated: God’s got his eye on you so don’t steal this precious correspondence meant for a sweet Peace Corps volunteer, not for YOU! [This one is particularly useful when the culprit is literate in French.]

- Number letters sent so I can tell if one has lost its way.

Address

Benjamin Won, PCT
Corps de la Paix Americain
BP 1927
Conakry, Guinea
West Africa


Credit Katy Murtaugh, I don't know you but I'll steal your post thanks!


EDIT: You will find a more thorough mailing instructions at 5 Page mailing instructions
Thanks Dorian!

3 comments:

david santos said...

Thanks for your work!!!
Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
God bless!!!

Caitlin said...

hey my email is caitlinmulligan@gmail.com

see you soon :)

idontknow said...

yo ben, good news, i got laid off so we can hang out whenever when you get here... let me know what the plan is.