Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 2

Just back from a 630hr morning run with both couples, and it was a trip. The neighbourhoods around the compound are relativily safe and it was fine except for the bad air. Figure its a good idea to get in shape, you don't know when the ability to run fast and far will come in handy. Yesterday, Dec 5th, we had breakfast which was a baguette and hardboiled egg with a banana. Then did pre-service training, breaked for lunch which was rice and sauce with chicken, then we started our medical and language interviews. Makan was my french interviewer and he was an awesome dude, he laughed everytime I answered I used Spanish for words I didn't know in French. Medical was no big deal, weight, BP, etc. Then the fun started, we had Shannon come from the US Embassy to give a talk and answer questions about Guinea. Then we had dinner which was beef, salad, and fries. Then most of the group went out to the beach bar, the beer was terrible and I didn't have more than 2 sips. We then ended the night trading horribly bad and unfunny jokes from our youth. We talked about better stuff but I'm late for breakfast and gotta run. Oh and instead of going to bed after the group died I came to the computer room to do nothing basically and slepted at 200hr. Yup I went running at 630hr so I'm on running on about 5 hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So you are alive huh? lol
anyways, good to see that you're doing good man!!
Post some pics up.
Too bad you not in CA, i would've raped you in sc ;)