Monday, December 1, 2008

Off to Guinea soon

It's midnight and my flight to Philly is in about 6 hours, but since I usually sleep at 2-3am these days I'm just going to stay awake. I'm pretty much all packed and set to go. Even though I was thorough, its a certainty that I left something out or there something I haven't even thought of taking. But no worries, my packing list is below, I posted it so to give future PCV's an idea of what to take. Since I relied on other PCV's packing lists that have gone before me as a resource. I figure I should do the same. Also as a way for me to having a inventory list of what I took with me in case both or one of my bags get lost en route to Guinea.

Luggage
1 External Frame Backpack
1 Large DuffelBag
1 CamelBak

Books
Larousse French/English Dictionary
Essential French Grammar
2000+ Essential French Verbs

Electronics
1 Cd/mp3 player
1 Cd case + 25 Cds
2 Headphones
1 Digital Camera
2 4gb SD cards
2 8gb flashdrives
1 Sanyo Battery Charger
8 NiMH Eneloop's AA Batteries
48 AA Batteries
72 AAA Batteries
1 Petzl Tikka Xp Headlamp
1 Maglite LED flashlight
1 Wristwatch/Alarm
1 Fr200 Shortwave

Misc
25 Feet of Rope
1 Swiss Army Knife
1 Knife Sharperner
1 Duct tape
1 electric tape
2 Nalgene bottles
1 Bike helmet
1 Mess Kit
2 pairs of glasses
1 pair of sunglasses
30 pairs of earplugs
40 ziplocs of varying sizes
1 Lint Roller
2 Travel Locks
1 Money Belt
1 Saptula
1 Large bottle of hotsauce
2 Bags of Jerky

Clothes
1 Belt
1 Sweater
2 Shorts
3 Undershirts
5 T-Shirts
1 Longsleeve shirt
1 Swimsuit
6 Pairs of Socks
2 Pairs of Dress Socks
14 Boxers
1 Pairs of Jeans
2 Pairs of Khakis
1 Tie
2 Button Shirts
3 medium towels
2 hand towels

Shoes
1 Sandals
1 Sneakers
1 Running Shoes
1 Dress Shoes
1 Chaco Sandals

Stationary
12 Pens
12 Pencils
2 Pencil Sharperner
4 Notebooks
5 Notepads
1 Day Planner

Toiletries
3 Toilet Paper
1 Nail clippers
1 Deodorant
3 toothbrushes
2 toothpaste tubes
25 razor heads
4 soap bars
2 Shampoo+Conditioner
3 kleenex packs
8 Hand sanitizer

I'll try to post before I fly to Guinea during/after Staging but no promises.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol since you didn't leave me your blog address, i had to google it.
good thing that i found it tho.
Hope you're safe and sound ni...Ben.
Take care ;)

Charles Kang said...

benjamin, no Bible?!

have a good one man : )! lemme know when u reach guinea, i am an africa PRO